Saturday 11 February 2012

Task 1B cont-My use of web 2.0

After looking at the reader for a final time I began to understand more about it and Tim O’ Reilly’s meme. I began to think about how I can broaden my usage of web 2.0 and how I can fully use it to my advantage.
            I began with you tube as I already have a you tube account that I uploaded my show reel on, however I kept it private and only sent it to employers that requested to see it. However now I am seeing the advantages of having it viewable to all public, it could create different network links I would never have thought about and promote me in different ways I didn’t think about.
            An example of this is a photo shoot I did a few weeks ago with an up and coming photographer (David Duffy) He wanted to use the material he had taken to promote his photography by sending it to different clients or allowing it to be viewed on his website. Instead of just creating a collection of photos in a folder he created a slideshow to music and posted it on you tube. As shown below, giving a collection of photographs a different feel and making them stand out. This has been good for my promotion as its something that I can have as well as my show reel which shows me in a different light and still shows my ability.


As well as you tube I began to look at web 2.0 sites that I haven’t used or heard of before. Delicious was one that caught my eye, as I found it a great idea to have access to your bookmarks even when you are not on your own computer and have access to other peoples to share there ideas and thoughts. So I set up a delicious account, which is;


Here I linked my current bookmarks and also thought about some new websites of interest to me that I could link. I decided to look at the BBC ‘Share Take Care Campaign’ website again and on there I actually found an active blog to do with the campaign which I have linked to my delicious which is more use of web 2.0.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph,

    I also have a promo YouTube video for my act. Check it out on the following blog...

    http://mrahmet.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-comedy-cabaret-act-andy-winehouse.html

    The idea that we have been using these Web 2.0 tools in our practice already without knowing, displays its relevance to our communication networks today.

    Ahmet

    ReplyDelete