Monday 27 February 2012

Starting Task 2.


Again with this reader i have looked over it about three times, and know i still have not read it all fully, from reading it i have learnt that i am definitely a auditory learner, as I feel no matter how many times I read over it my mind wanders and I know I have not took it all in! which is something I feel I need to work on or develop a different way of doing it so that it works for me.

            This part of the module I have been putting of for a while I have never been the type of person to write a journal, however I have sat down today and finally put pen to paper (so to speak) and began to write something, I wouldn’t say its ground breaking but it’s the beginning of me expressing my thoughts and ideas out loud.


‘Reading this section I realize I preferred section one as there the tasks where clear straight to the point and you knew exactly what you where supposed to do, with this its much more open for interpretation to express and develop your own ideas which I struggle with doing, which for a dancer I think is quite a strange thing as most of the time people who are dancers are such expressive people within dance that it carries through to other aspects of there lives, but I guess that’s where I differ as I love to dance but I love the feeling of dancing I don’t use it to express my moods or how I feel.’

                                                                        (extract from my journal 27th feb 2012)

Having established this is something that is new to me (similar to the world of web 2.0) I feel I need to approach it in the same way I approached the first modual taking it one step at a time so I don’t feel overwhelmed and just going at my own pace until I feel I have completed each task to my satisfaction.



I have began by answering some of the questions asked in the reader, however have put aside the critical thinking one to read over it more, here are some of my answers below;



How do you reflect on events;



I mentally reflect on things I store them in my brain until a similar situation comes along and I can apply what I have learnt to make the out come a better one, an example of this is when cleaning a dance I remember my corrections to improve the dance the next time round, however I feel I need to look at different ways of reflecting and remembering this as sometimes I don’t remember until after the event has happened so technically haven’t learnt or improved on anything and have to do it again.



At which point in Kolb‟s cycle do you feel you enter learning?



I think I enter the cycle at active experimentation, when making my blog I just logged on gave it a go and saw how far I could get, and then came back to it once I had studied other peoples and learnt more about it so have been developing it as I go a long and continue developing, im the type of person that try’s to put something together without reading the instructions first! However with my teaching work as it is something new to me and different and im slightly unsure of myself and don’t want to get it wrong I feel I have been approaching this more with reflective observation seeing what’s out there, what I like and what I don’t like and what I think would suit me and then begin to develop that.

THE PLAN

From here on I intend to continue with my journal entry’s each week and read up more on critical thinking and hopefully begin to develop it myself, as with critical thinking I feel there really is know right or wrong answers. From here I am going to move on to look at the different types of journal entries that you can do and find one that will hopefully suit me.




No comments:

Post a Comment