Tuesday 7 February 2012

Task 1A Continued

After Reading over other peoples profiles that they had compleated i updated my own so it had abit more bulk to it which is posted below;

Profile attempt 2;

Dance for me was a passion that i have now turned into a career, i begin dancing at a very young age, and continued it to the next level when i attended northern ballet school, i graduated from there and went on to perform on in my first pantomime which was dick whittington, i then went on to perform with jean ann ryan on a cruiseship.After that i have wanted to stay in the u.k so have worked and corporate events and am about to start my second u.k tour with timeless theatre productions. Teaching is something that i am becoming more and more interested in and a part of dance that i want to explore more into. I have taught at a variety of childrens stageschools aswell as teaching jazz, tap and hen partys for adults. I am hoping to continue my development as a teaching, and to hopefully own my own school in the near future.


But then having recieved the helpfull comments from jo clarke to do with the adapting of my current cv to make it more geared towards the teaching that i want to go into, i have decided to change my profile again slightly. Jo commented that i should maybe flip my cv around so that my relevant teaching posts are at the top. I feel this is a great point to make as when you quickley scan over information the top is what you always look at first. So i have now attapted my cv to show this;

DANCE TRAINING

Northern Ballet School 2007 – 2010
National Diploma in Professional Dance -  Trained in Jazz, Tap, Ballet,
 Contemporary, Double Work, Commercial street, Drama and singing.
Elsber School Of Theatre Dance 2003 – 2007
I.S.T.D Modern Tap Ballet. Irish Dance.

QUALIFICATIONS
Currently Completing BA Hons Professional Practice in the Arts.
National Diploma in Professional Dance.
I.S.T.D Adv 1 Tap. Inter Modern and Ballet.

TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Nov 2010 – Feb 2012
Little Thespians Theatre School – Here I taught jazz and musical theatre to children aged 4-16 producing four high scale musical theatre shows.
Jan 2011 – Feb 2012
Heaton Dean Nursery School – I taught dance, movement and rhythm classes to the ages 2 – 5 years old.
Jan 2011 – Aug 2011
Stagecoach Stockport- I taught Musical Theatre and jazz here to ages 5 – 18 and helped with the production of there end of year show.
Dec 2010 – Aug 2011
Manchester City Dance Centre – I worked here on a part time basis supplying various dance themed hen parties and workshops.
Nov 2010 – Jan 2011
Stagepro Academy – Taught jazz, tap, ballet, and musical theatre to both adults and children.
Nov 2010 – Jan 2011
Sunshine studions Manchester – I started teaching here as a cover teaching for jazz, tap and ballet teaching all ages.



PERFORMANCE WORK
Feb 2012 – May 2012
UK Tour ‘All our Yesterdays’  – Timeless Theatre Productions.
Nov 2010 – Dec 2011
Christmas Cabaret – Kayad Productions.
Aug 2011 – Nov 2011
UK Tour ‘A timeless Collections – Timeless Theatre Productions.
July 2011
Sunkissed Tanning Advert – Laura Anne Gill Choreography.
Jan 2011 – June 2011
Hollywood/ Can can dancer – Dynamic Dancers.
July 2010 – Nov 2010
NCL Dawn Cruiseship – Jean ann Ryan Productions.
Sept 2009 – July 2010
Fabulous Las Vegas Show – Kayad Productions
Dec 2009
Dick Whittington Pantomime – Sands centre Carlisle.


Having done this to my c.v i decided i should also do it to my profile as again this the cv the begining is what the majority of people will read so i have edited my profile again to version three which you can see now on the left hand side of my page. Having looked at other peoples profiles i also decided to add what i wanted to achieve for the year. So that people can see where i am going with my blog and my work llife.

No comments:

Post a Comment