Wednesday 24 October 2012

Task 5A.


Task 5A. ethics in my workplace

 

In my work setting there are a variety of categories that come together to complete the ethics of my workplace working together in harmony and without one the balance would be tipped creating an unsettled working environment, the sections I have thought about are as follows;

 

My personal ethics as a teacher;

-make sure I am fully capable to take the class I am about to teach.

-that I have the correct insurance, crb check and any other forms that may be needed.

-to make sure I know all the health and safety regulations of the building.

-to be respectful to all pupils that attend my classes.

-to notify parents of out of character behavior from the pupils.

- make sure everyone in my class is capable of the class structure.

- to maintain a basic structure of the class is kept each week.

-professional boundaries are kept between me and my pupils.

 

Ethics of the students;

-To be respectful of me as the teacher and others in the class.

-To be aware of safety hazards whilst in the class.

-To be wearing the correct uniform.

 

Ethics of the parents of the students;

-To have given consent for me to teach there children.

-To be respectful of my class environment and not disrupt the lesson.

-To be respectful of my teaching methods and decisions as a teacher.

 

Ethics of the work place (the owners of the space that we rent)

-To ensure all health and safety issues are clearly marked and know about.

-Ensure fire exits are clearly sign posted.

-Make sure the facilities are clean and well maintained.

 
Looking at these points I have noted it is not one thing or one person that makes up the ethics of a workplace it is a collective, and can be an object of change or viewed differently by varying individuals. Things that I view as ethically important from my point of view as a teacher may not be viewed the same by that of a parent. I think that it is difficult to pin point the actual ethics of another person without actually being in the roll myself. What I have as ethically correct the may not be what someone else thinks or the reasoning behind it could be different, As the view point of the eithcal issue could be viewed via consequentialism, Deontology or Virtue all have different meanings but could all be discussed around the same ethical issue.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph,

    I really like the categorisation of your ethics.Its really supports the idea that everyone is touched by the notion of Ethics and the complexity of the issues it can bring.

    Great post
    Ahmet

    ReplyDelete