Thursday 15 March 2012

Task 2c Reflective Theory

this is a task that i have been putting off all week as it was just something i found i couldn't focus on or grab my interest, however today i have been in a four hour car journey with my tour heading down south, so i thought i really had no excuss and needed to get stuck in! once i started it i found out that i did actually find the information i was reading up on interesting and something that i want to expand on and learn more about. So from now on i am going to try and take every task with an open mind, which i probably should have done straight away, but hey you learn from your mistakes and it is now something i can reflect upon. :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b6pvjTeRIy7Nke6ZzYGLfYaBn1fwO7v67lUq2aotHWE/edit

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph

    You raised an interesting point there. I think that it is true of most of us who have a dance background. Reflection and criticism has always been a part of me. I have reflected on every class and dance exercise I have ever taken part in and of course I have not been aware of this until now. I think if you have a passion for dance you can't help but think to yourself 'I could of done that better' or 'I really need to improve on that' to a certain extent its a natural occurrence. But I couldn't honestly say that I have the same approach to my teaching. I put thought into my classes but like you the structure is always very similar. Maybe its something to do with the fact that we are in a different frame of mind...maybe not so competitive. I don't know, something we will discover I'm sure. This idea really interests me so I may play around with this concept myself. Let me know how you get on!!
    Good luck!
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete