Friday 9 March 2012

ME plc continued.


After reading through the booklet I posted in my previous blog I decided to create a SWOT analysis for myself.
SWOT
 
STRENGTHS
  • Organization
  • Project planning
  • Teaching
  • Multitasking
  • Dance performance
  • Teaching
WEAKNESSES
  • Verbal communication
  • Staying on target
  • Focusing on long reading material
  • Standing my ground
  • Lack of confidence
OPPORTUNITIES
  • Teaching Work
  • Zumba Training
  • Steady Teaching jobs
THREATS
  • Performing taking up to much time
  • People more confident.
  • People better qualified





After completing the SWOT analysis iv learnt a lot about myself and its great to have it all wrote down in front of me to see the points that I am doing well and the points that I need to work on.
             After reading up on the term ME plc I have become more and more interested in looking at myself as a ‘business’  I am going to use what I have learnt from the journal tasks and use graphs and diagrams to document my weaknesses and see how I gradually improve them over time.
            I have realized at the moment I have not been marketing myself as a ‘brand’ but trying to stretch myself over a wide variety of skills to look approachable to all employers instead of focusing on key things that will get me the job I want. Instead of one that will ‘just pay the bills’
            Teaching is the job I want to progress with now so instead of trying to focus on still gaining performing jobs and having my teaching along side I feel I need to fully engage in skills that will make me marketable for teaching jobs.
             I found a quote on a business blog that I found particularly thought provoking and stimulating,
In light of this openly conducted and actively reported changing business landscape there is no excuse for us to be surprised when there are changes in the level of demand for our skills & knowledge. We can either imitate an ostrich or we can adopt the same thinking that businesses do in their quest to thrive, or survive. We call this concept Me plc.

CHANGES I HAVE MADE
-Created a purely teaching c.v
-opened up my networks to teaching links.
-joined websites with help and advice on teaching.
-Created a ‘list journal’ on teaching information I would like to read more upon.

These simple changes I have made to my day to day life I am hoping will make myself more knowledgably on the subject. Which in time will make me more valuable to the employers.

References
http://www.hybridge.co.uk/Blog/24716178317

1 comment:

  1. This is a great way of learning about yourself. I think it's important to know you within your practice. Knowing what works for you is a good place to start, then you can begin to push for difference and be brave, but always have a good base to come back to.

    ReplyDelete