Thursday 19 April 2012

the final count down...

so i have completed all the tasks set in module one, i feel i have completed them to a standard i am happy with though there are some sections i would like to keep on revisiting through out the course as i feel they can be constantly worked on and improved.
     Now all that is left to do is to begin the final piece of work, and i can still say it feels a daughnting task! after having so much information, help and support given for each task, i still feel i am hitting a brick wall at knowing where to start with this task! i am sure once i get my head down and get to stuck in a flow will begin and i wont be able to stop, as has been the case with many other of the tasks.I have decided to set a full day aside to begin work on this and give it my full concentration.
      i was wanting to know if anyone is feeling the same or has anyy helpful work techniques to get focused and start? Also another question i had was that it says our paper piece has to be spiral bound that is another thing i have no idea how to do or where to get it done. Any help would be much appreacated.

thanks steph.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Steph,
    Don't worry - you are not alone!
    First (I think most simple to answer) is that the only place I know to get anything spiral bound is Staples. From what I have seen before, you take you pieces of work on A4 & ask them to put them in a spiral bound folder?? I have never done it myself, but I did witness them doing what I think was spiral-binding someone else's stuff. Fingers crossed I've got it right & that you have a Staples nearby!

    I have just written Task 2c which I felt was a positive practising exercise towards my critical reflection piece. I think you are further ahead that you think...you have completed all the tasks, in which you can find all the information and sources for your critical reflection!?
    Alan explained during one of the campus sessions, that it's often a good idea to take three areas which you see as "pivotal learnings" from your studies. I understand this to be three areas that you perhaps feel you have grasped or indeed haven't grasped from within the course and to write about your experiences. Does that make sense?
    I hope this helps. If you'd like me to give you some words & pointers that Alan gave, please let me know but I am aware that I do "rattle on" and do not want to bombard you!
    Take care, stay positive and look back at all the work you have done so far - You deserve a huge pat on your back! :-)
    Best Wishes,
    Jo.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The final count down indeed!

    I found a good place to start was to actually go back over my blogs and journal, so as to write the piece based on your blogs. Saying that it's really hard to get all the harvard stuff down so I'm with you all the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi steph, I am feeling exactly the same. I made a huge dent into the project but am still yet to master the harvard referencing technique, any helpful techniques or suggestions regarding this would be most appreciated?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling the exact same........the more I look at other peoples blogs the more I panic. The critical reflection is panicking me slightly. Not knowing what to talk about 1st is the worst part. I'm sure as you say though Steph, once I get going I won't stop. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks jo and ahmet thats great advice! and im glad everyone is feeling the same, im currently on a ten day show run up in scotland! on the final day now, so havn't really had time to get stuck in with the critical reflection iv been preparing reading up on other peoples blogs ect, however i have set monday and tuesday aside next week when i am home so that i can give it my full attention. i feel im leaving it abit late but felt if i tried to do it up here i would not have been happy with the product, so fingers crossed i won't ahve writters block come monday! x

    ReplyDelete